Wednesday 28 March 2012

10 Day Time Trial

Long time no see. How's things? I have had a TON of work to do over the past week or so, and through doing my French Presentation on le Tour ce matin I have finished! Well kinda. I still have quite a bit to do for after Easter, but I think that can wait a few days :)


Did my first 10 mile TT of the year tonight with the Ystwyth Club. The course would best be described as 'lumpy' with 300ft or so of climbing. I'm no tester, so don't really know what would constitute a 'fast' course-but I can definitely say that tonight's was not a 'fast' course. It was however, good fun. Made a nice change to be having to fight the terrain and road a bit as opposed to just sitting on a busy A road like back home. 


I have, unfortunately, seemingly forgotten how to pace myself over 10 miles though. Probably comes from still being in Hill Climb mode whenever I don my skinsuit. Or not. 


So anyway, much fun was had by all. Us students rolled up 'en masse' (there were 3 of us) and intimidated everyone else with our obvious professionalism (Max loudly asked where you were supposed to pin your number on), decimated the field (we placed 3rd, 12th and 13th) and rolled off into the sunset looking cool (by cool, I mean cold. We-or was it just me-had rather underestimated how chilly it could get at 8pm)


I managed a 24:47 at a decent average power (although below what I was aiming for), good enough for 3rd although a long way down on 2nd and 1st. It's always fun doing a new course, and I reckon there's a good 30 seconds to be had just from knowing where the hard bits are, where to push, where to wind it up to finish etc. I definitely could have paced it better as well, I had a few too many big drops in power from just pushing too hard and was nearly sick just before reaching the turn-which was a new experience!


So yeah. There's probably loads more I should talk about/moan about/discuss/bore you with, but to be completely honest my brain is barely functioning properly as it is. So with that, I bid you good night-but rest assured lots more bloggy fun is on the way! (Providing I don't get loads of work/forget again)


Ciao.


Oh no wait, full results here: http://www.ystwythcc.org/news/category/events/club-tt/ :D

No comments:

Post a Comment